● The Cisco 1921 offers increased levels of services integration with data, security, wireless, and mobility services, enabling greater efficiencies and cost savings.
Services on demand
● A single Cisco IOS Software Universal image is installed on each ISR G2. The Universal image contains all of the Cisco IOS Software technology sets that can be activated with a software license, allowing your business to quickly deploy advanced features without downloading a new Cisco IOS Software image. Additionally, larger default memory is included to support the new capabilities.
High performance with integrated services
● The Cisco 1900 Series enables deployment in high-speed WAN environments with concurrent services enabled up to 15 Mbps.
● Designed to address customer business requirements, the Cisco 1921 with the modular architecture offers a performance range of modular interfaces and services as your network needs grow.
● Modular interfaces offer increased bandwidth, a diversity of connection options, and network resiliency.
● The Cisco 1921 architecture provides energy-savings features that include the following:
◦ The Cisco 1900 Series offers intelligent power management and allows you to control power to the modules based on the time of day. Cisco EnergyWise technology will be supported in the future.
◦ Services integration and modularity on a single platform performing multiple functions optimizes raw-materials consumption and energy usage.
◦ Platform flexibility and ongoing development of both hardware and software capabilities lead to a longer product lifecycle, lowering all aspects of the TCO, including materials and energy use.
◦ High-efficiency power supplies are provided with each platform.
◦ DC Power option available (CISCO1921DC/K9).
● The Cisco 1921 maximizes investment protection:
◦ Reuse of a broad array of existing modules supported on the original ISRs provides a lower TCO.
◦ A rich set of Cisco IOS Software features is carried forward from the original ISRs and delivered in the Universal image.
◦ This router gives you the flexibility to grow as your business needs evolve.
Architecture and Modularity
The Cisco 1921 is architected to meet the application demands of today’s branch offices with design flexibility for future applications. The modular architecture is designed to support expanding customer requirements, increased bandwidth, and fully integrated power distribution to modules supporting 802.3af PoE and Cisco Enhanced PoE (ePoE). Table 2 lists the architectural features and benefits of the Cisco 1921.
Table 2. Architectural Features and Benefits
● The Cisco 1921 ISRs are highly modular platforms with multiple module slots to provide connectivity and services for varied branch-office network requirements.
● The ISRs offer an industry-leading breadth of LAN and WAN connectivity options through modules to accommodate field upgrades to future technologies without requiring replacement of the platform.
● The Cisco 1921 is powered by high-performance multicore processors that support growing demands of branch-office networks by supporting high-throughput WAN requirements.
Embedded IP Security/Secure Sockets Layer (IPsec/SSL) VPN hardware acceleration
● Embedded hardware encryption acceleration is enhanced to provide higher scalability, which, combined with an optional Cisco IOS Security license, enables WAN link security and VPN services (both IPsec and SSL acceleration).
● The onboard encryption hardware outperforms the Advanced Integration Modules (AIMs) of previous generations.
Integrated Gigabit Ethernet ports
● All onboard LAN and WAN ports are 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet routed ports.
Innovative Universal-Serial-Bus (USB)-based console access
● A new, innovative, mini-Type B USB console port supports management connectivity when traditional serial ports are not available.
● The traditional console and auxiliary ports are also available. You can use either the USB-based console or the RJ-45-based console port to configure the router.
Optional external power supply for distribution of PoE
● An optional upgrade to the power supply provides inline power (802.3af-compliant PoE) and Cisco Standard Inline Power to optional integrated switch modules.
Modularity Features and Benefits
The Cisco 1921 provides significantly enhanced modular capabilities (refer to Table 3) that offer you investment protection. Most of the modules available on previous generations of Cisco routers, such as the Cisco 1841 ISR, are supported on the Cisco 1921. Additionally, you can easily interchange modules used on the Cisco 1921 with other Cisco routers to provide maximum investment protection. Taking advantage of common interface cards across a network greatly reduces the complexity of managing inventory requirements, implementing large network rollouts, and maintaining configurations across a variety of branch-office sizes.
A complete list of supported modules is available at https://www.cisco.com/go/1921.
Table 3. Modularity Features and Benefits
Cisco Enhanced High-Speed WAN Interface Card (EHWIC)
● The EHWIC slot replaces the high-speed WAN Interface Card (HWIC) slot and can natively support HWICs, WAN Interface Cards (WICs), and voice/WAN Interface Cards (VWICs).
● Two integrated EHWIC slots are available on the Cisco 1921 for flexible configurations for support of two modules: One doublewide HWIC-D or two singlewide EHWIC/HWIC modules are supported.
● Each EHWIC slot offers high-data-throughput capability.
USB 2.0 ports
● One high-speed USB 2.0 port is supported. The USB port enables another mechanism for secure-token capabilities and storage.
Cisco IOS Software
The Cisco 1921 Integrated Services Routers deliver innovative technologies running on industry-leading Cisco IOS Software. Developed for wide deployment in the world’s most demanding enterprise, access, and service provider networks, Cisco IOS Software Releases 15M and T support a comprehensive portfolio of Cisco technologies, including new functions and features delivered in Releases 12.4 and 12.4T, and new innovations that span multiple technology areas, including security, high availability, IP Routing and Multicast, Quality of Service (QoS), IP Mobility, Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS), VPNs, and embedded management.
Cisco IOS Software Licensing and Packaging
A single Cisco IOS Universal image encompassing all functions is delivered with the platforms. You can enable advanced features by activating a software license on the Universal image. In previous generations of access routers, these feature sets required you to download a new software image. Technology packages and feature licenses, enabled through the Cisco software licensing infrastructure, simplify software delivery and decrease the operational costs of deploying new features.
Four major technology licenses are available on the Cisco 1921 Integrated Services Routers; you can activate the licenses through the Cisco software activation process identified at https://www.cisco.com/go/sa.
● IP Base: This technology package is available as default
● Security (SEC) or Security with No Payload Encryption (SEC-NPE)
For additional information and details about Cisco IOS Software licensing and packaging on Cisco 1921 Integrated Services Routers, please visit https://www.cisco.com/go/1921.
Buy Cisco 1921/k9 Router from cisco dealers in Kenya Compland Shop
There are no reviews yet.