Ubiquiti Networks ES-48-500W Overview
The enterprise class EdgeSwitch ES-48-500W 48 Port PoE Gigabit Ethernet Switch from Ubiquiti Technology is designed to be the backbone of your network. This high capacity Gigabit switch comes equipped with forty eight 10/100/1000 Mb/s Ethernet ports, two 1/10 Gb/s SFP+ Ethernet ports, and two 1 Gb/s SFP Ethernet ports. Each port includes dedicated LED indicators representing both PoE status and the speed, link, and activity of each port. This Layer 2 switch features a total non-blocking throughput of 70 Gb/s, a switching capacity of 140 Gb/s, and a forwarding rate of 104.16 Mp/s allowing for a fast uninterrupted flow of data through the switch out to end users.
Along with enhanced networking capabilities, the EdgeSwitch ES-48-500W features optical fiber backhaul made available through the two SFP+ ports. These ports support uplinks of up to 10 Gb/s to ensure a smooth, consistent flow of data. You can also power your PoE compatible devices directly from the EdgeSwitch with support for auto-sensing IEEE 802.af/at 24 V passive PoE. All of the features of the EdgeSwitch can be easily managed through the included advance user interface. Administrators can configure and monitor their network through an intuitive graphical user interface or convert to the command-line interface available through telnet and SSH.
- Advanced Switching Technologies
- Build and expand your network with the Ubiquiti Networks EdgeSwitch, part of the EdgeMAX line of products. The EdgeSwitch is a fully managed PoE+ Gigabit switch, delivering robust performance and intelligent switching for growing networks. The EdgeSwitch offers an extensive suite of advanced Layer-2 switching features and protocols, and also provides Layer-3 routing capability.
- Switching Performance
- The EdgeSwitch offers the forwarding capacity of up to 70 Gb/s to simultaneously process traffic on all ports at line rate without any packet loss.
- PoE+ Flexibility
- The EdgeSwitch models offers 48 PoE Gigabit Ethernet ports of auto-sensing IEEE 802.3af/at or configurable 24V Passive PoE to simplify your infrastructure. By default, the EdgeSwitch automatically detects 802.3af/at devices so they automatically receive PoE. For 24V Passive PoE devices, manually enable 24V passive PoE using the EdgeSwitch Configuration Interface.
- Fiber Connectivity
- The EdgeSwitch provides fiber connectivity options for growing networks. For high-capacity uplinks, the 48-port model includes two SFP and two SFP+ ports, providing up to 10 Gb/s uplinks.
- Comprehensive User Interface
- Designed for convenient management, the EdgeSwitch Configuration Interface allows administrators to configure and monitor switch features in a graphical user interface. For advanced users, an industry-standard command-line interface (CLI) is available through telnet and SSH.
- Powerful Functionality
- The EdgeSwitch uses an enhanced operating system that provides basic switching features, PoE configuration per port, and a variety of advanced features including:
• VLAN, Private VLAN, Voice VLAN
• Link Aggregation
• DHCP Snooping, IGMP Snooping
• TACACS+, RADIUS, 802.1X, MAC Filtering, ACL
• DiffServ, CoS • Static Routing, Policy-Based Routing
Ubiquiti Networks ES-48-500W Specs
|Ports||48 x 10/100/1000 Mb/s Gigabit Ethernet (RJ45)
2 x 10Gb SFP+
2 x 10/100/1000 Mb/s Gigabit SFP
|Layer Services Supported||Layer 3 Support|
|Supported Protocols||IGMP Snooping
|MAC Address Table Size||8K|
|Security Features||DHCP Snooping
|Access Control List||100|
|Supported IEEE Standards||802.1ab, 802.1ak, 802.1d, 802.1p, 802.1q, 802.1s, 802.1w, 802.1x, 802.3, 802.3ab, 802.3ac, 802.3ad, 802.3u, 802.3x|
|Forwarding Rate||104.16 Mpps|
|Switching Bandwidth||140 Gb/s
70 Gb/s (Non-Blocking)
|Power Draw||500.00 W (Active)|
|AC Input Power||100 to 240 VAC, 50 / 60 Hz|
|PoE per Port||17 to 34.2 W|
|Operating Temperature||23 to 104°F / -5 to 40°C|
|Operating Humidity||5 to 95%|
|Indicator Lights||Link/Activity/Speed, PoE|
|Rack Form Factor||1 RU|
|Dimensions||19.1 x 13.7 x 1.8″ / 48.5 x 34.8 x 4.5 cm|
|Weight||12 lb / 5 kg|
|Package Weight||16.0 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||22.5 x 16.5 x 4.0″|