Ubiquiti Networks PBE-M2-400-US Overview
The PBE-M2-400 PowerBeam airMAX Bridge from Ubiquiti Networks has an innovative mechanical design. This PowerBeam supports up to 150+ Mb/s real TCP/IP throughput. It directs RF energy in a tighter beamwidth. With the focus in one direction, the PowerBeam blocks or spatially filters out noise, so noise immunity is improved. This feature is important in an area which is crowded with other RF signals of the same or similar frequency.
Ubiquiti’s InnerFeed technology integrates the radio into the feedhorn of an antenna, so there is no need for a cable. This improves performance because it eliminates cable losses. Providing increased performance from its fast processor the PowerBeam is versatile and cost effective to deploy.
- airMAX Technology
- Ubiquiti’s Time Division Multiple Access (TDMA) airMAX protocol allows each client to send and receive data using pre-designated time slots, scheduled by an intelligent AP controller. Slot method eliminates hidden node collisions and maximizes airtime efficiency. It provides significant performance improvements in latency, throughput, and scalability compared to all other outdoor systems in its class.
Intelligent QoS: Priority is given to voice/video for seamless streaming.
Scalability: High capacity and scalability.
Long Distance: Capable of high-speed, carrier-class links.
- airOS is a versatile Ubiquiti firmware technology. It is an intuitive technology, and requires no training to operate. Behind the user interface is a powerful firmware architecture, which enables high-performance, outdoor multi-point networking. PowerBeam uses airOS 5, which provides additional advantages, including airMAX protocol support, automatic channel selection, dynamic configuration changes, instant input validation, use of HTML5 technology, and optimization for mobile devices.
- Integrated airView provides advanced spectrum analyzer functionality such as waterfall, waveform. Real-time spectral views allow operators to identify noise signatures and plan their networks to minimize noise interference. Waterfall aggregates energy over time for each frequency. Waveform aggregates energy collected. Real-time feature shows energy in real time as a function of frequency. Recording automates airView to record and report results.
- airControl is a powerful and intuitive, web-based server network management application, which allows operators to centrally manage entire networks of Ubiquiti devices. It features network map, monitor device status, mass firmware upgrade, Web UI access, manage groups of devices, and task scheduling.
- Built-In Mechanical Tilt
- The mounting bracket conveniently offers 20° of up-tilt and up to 20° of down-tilt.
- Quick Assembly
- The number of fasteners was reduced to simplify assembly. Tools are required only when the technician mounts the PowerBeam on the pole.
- Easy Removal
- The antenna feed can be detached with the push of a button.
- GEOMET-coated for improved corrosion resistance when compared with zinc-plated fasteners.
- Dish and Brackets
- Made of galvanized steel, powder-coated for superior corrosion resistance. Redesigned pole bracket for the 19.7″ and 15.7″ dish and fender washers for the 11.8″ dish prevent paint from being removed from the metal brackets, for improved corrosion resistance.
Ubiquiti Networks PBE-M2-400-US Specs
|Processor||Atheros MIPS 74Kc, 560 MHz|
|Memory||64 MB DDR2, 8 MB flash|
|Networking Interface||1 x 10/100 Ethernet port|
|Built-In Mechanical Downtilt||+20° to -10°|
|Operating Frequency||2405 – 2475 MHz|
|Wind Loading||342.5 N @ 200 km/hour (77 lbf @ 125 mph)|
|Wind Survivability||200 km/hour (125 mph)|
|LED Indicator Specifications|
|LEDs||1 x Power
1 x LAN
4 x WLAN
|Signal Strength LEDs||Software-adjustable to correspond to custom RSSI levels|
|Channel Size Support|
|Channel Sizes||5/8/10/20/30/40 MHz|
|Operating Temperature||-40 to +158°F (-40 to +70°C)|
|Operating Humidity||5 to 95% (non-condensing)|
|Compliance and Approvals|
|Wireless Approvals||FCC, IC, CE|
|ESD/EMP Protection||Air: ± 24 kV
Contact: ± 24 kV
|Enclosure||Outdoor UV stabilized plastic|
|Dimensions||16.5 x 16.5 x 11.4″ (42.0 x 42.0 x 28.9 cm)|
|Weight||3.96 lb (1.80 kg)|
|Package Weight||35.0 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||26.0 x 21.0 x 14.0″|