Ubiquiti Networks UAP-PRO-US Overview
The single-pack UAP-PRO UniFi Access Point Enterprise Wi-Fi System from Ubiquiti Networks is a scalable enterprise access point solution designed to be easily deployed and managed. It supports 802.11 a/b/g/n Wi-Fi standard with speeds of up to 300 Mb/s in the 5 GHz radio band and up to 450 Mb/s in the 2.4 GHz radio band. The Wi-Fi system offers simultaneous dual band operation with 2 x 2 and 3 x 3 MIMO technology for each band. It has a range of up to 400′ and has two Gigabit Ethernet ports. This UniFi Access Point (AP) indoor model has a sleek design and can be easily mounted to a ceiling tile or wall, using the included mounting hardware. It includes UniFi Controller software that can be installed on a PC, Mac, or Linux machine within the network and is easily accessible through a standard Web browser. Using the UniFi Controller software, an Enterprise Wi-Fi network can be quickly configured and administered, without any special training. Real-time status, automatic UAP device detection, map loading, and advanced security options are all seamlessly integrated in the system.
- Save Money and Save Time
- The UniFi AP comes bundled with a non-dedicated software controller that can be deployed on an on-premise PC, Mac, or Linux machine, in a private cloud, or using a public cloud service.
- Wi-Fi 802.11n MIMO Technology
- The 802.11n MIMO Technology offers Gigabit speeds and range up to 400′.
- Intuitive UniFi Controller Software
- Install, configure, and manage all of the UniFi APs with the intuitive and user-friendly UniFi controller user interface.
- Build wireless networks as big or small as needed. Start with one or more and expand to thousands while maintaining a single unified management system.
- UniFi Controller
- Use the UniFi controller to provision thousands of UniFi APs, map out networks, quickly manage system traffic, and provision additional UniFi APs.
- You can use the configurable reporting and analytics to manage large user populations and expedite troubleshooting.
- Guest Portal/Hotspot Support
- Easy customization and options for guest portals include authentication, hotspot setup, and the ability to use your own external portal server. Use UniFi’s rate limiting for guest portal/hotspot package offerings. Apply different bandwidth rates (download/upload), limit total data usage, and limit duration of use. The UniFi AP includes hotspot functionality. It includes built-in support for billing integration using major credit cards and built-in support for voucher-based authentication. It also includes built-in hotspot manager for voucher creation, guest management, payment refund, full customization, and branding of hotspot portal pages.
- Multi-Site Management*
- A single UniFi Controller running in the cloud can manage multiple sites, multiple, distributed deployments, and multi-tenancy for managed service providers. Each site is logically separated and has its own configuration, maps, statistics, guest portal, and administrator read/write and read-only accounts.
- WLAN Groups*
- The UniFi controller can manage flexible configurations of large deployments. Create multiple WLAN groups and assign them to an AP’s radio.
- Zero Handoff Roaming*
- With Ubiquiti’s Zero Handoff Roaming, mobile users can roam anywhere and seamlessly maintain their connections as they switch to the nearest AP. The Zero Handoff Roaming makes multiple APs appear as a single AP, so it can work with any client and requires no interaction from the client device.
- Upload map images of your location for a visual representation of each wireless network.
- UniFi organizes and visualizes network traffic in clear and easy-to-read graphs.
- Extend Your Coverage
- With the UniFi controller software running in an NOC or in the cloud, administrators can extend and centrally manage the wide areas of indoor and outdoor coverage, using any combination of UniFi APs.
- Easy Mounting
- Sleek wall or ceiling mount design (all accessories included).
- It has an industrial design with an LED provisioning ring or square, which provides administrator location tracking and alerts for each device.
- Power over Ethernet (PoE)
- Power over Ethernet (PoE) functionality allows both power and data to be carried over a single Ethernet cable to the device. The unit can be powered from an included PoE adapter as well as the Ubiquiti TOUGHSwitch PoE PRO (sold separately). The UniFi AP-PRO is compatible with an 802.3af compliant switch.
Ubiquiti Networks UAP-PRO-US Specs
|Wireless Frequency Bands||2.4 GHz, 5 GHz|
|MU-MIMO Support||3 x 3|
|Antenna Gain||4 to 5 dBi|
|Transmit Power||22 to 30 dBm|
|Ports||2 x 10/100/1000 Mb/s Gigabit Ethernet (RJ45)|
|Wireless Security||WEP, WPA, AES, TKIP|
|Throughput||2.4 GHz: 450 Mb/s|
|Supported IEEE Standards||802.11i, 802.3af|
|DC Input Power||48 VDC at 0.5 A|
|Power Consumption||12 W|
|Operating Temperature||14 to 158°F / -10 to 70°C|
|Operating Humidity||5 to 80%|
|Dimensions||7.9 x 7.9 x 1.4″ / 20 x 20 x 3.7 cm|
|Weight||0.8 lb / 0.4 kg|